FORUM OF GERMAN-SPEAKING NAMIBIANS (FDN)
The Forum of German-speaking Namibians, motivated by their civil responsibility, their love for and loyalty to Namibia, and being an integral part of the multicultural, multilingual Namibian society, commits itself to participate in an effective and meaningful way in the public life in Namibia and thereby contribute to the well-being of the country and all its peoples.
The Forum shall strive towards achieving mutual acceptance, understanding and trust among members of the German-speaking community as well as with the other language, cultural and interest groups in Namibia by means of regular meetings, communication and dialogue, with the aim of promoting and consolidating national unity, integration and peaceful co-existence in the country.
- The Forum shall regularly encourage discussion of current issues related to political, social,economic, cultural or other spheres of relevance and may issue public statements in this regard.
- The Forum shall engage itself for the just and sustainable social and economic developmentof Namibia whereby it shall avail itself, if possible, of expertise in the fields of education, culture, the judiciary, politics and commerce in order to promote the rule of law and longlasting social and economic development in Namibia.
- The Forum shall contribute towards promoting Namibia as an attractive business location andmay – should the occasion arise – act as mediator between local and foreign enterprises and institutions.
- The Forum shall stand for equal human rights for all Namibians in all spheres of life, asentrenched as ‘Basic Human Rights and Freedoms’ in the Namibian Constitution.
- The Forum shall represent its interests and concerns towards the media, public bodies andinstitutions as well as other interest groups in accordance with the spirit of these aims and objectives.
Our management committee
The Forum of German-speaking Namibians shall include all German-speakers with Namibian citizenship, irrespective of their ethnic background, as well as German speakers of other nationalities, who have chosen Namibia as their permanent domicile.
- FORUM pays tribute to President Hage Geingob: Architect of Namibian Constitution and vanguard of international partnershipsDeeply saddened by the loss of President Hage Geingob, a visionary who steered Namibia with dignity, especially during Covid-19. His work fostered international partnerships and addressed historical issues. Our condolences to his family and Namibia.
- SWAPO Presidential Candidate Netumbo Nandi-Ndaitwah answered questions posed by German-Speaking NamibiansThe engagement between Nandi-Ndaitwah and the German-speaking citizens of Namibia marked a significant step towards fostering unity, understanding, and collective progress in Namibia.
- FORUM press statement: The Namibian constitution under threatThe Namibian Constitution was created by different Namibian Parties including SWAPO and DTA, and some members are still in leadership positions today. It allowed democratic elections, which brought SWAPO to power. It is the one document which all laws are governed by, it defines the Namibia we live in. But currently, our Constitution is under threat.
- Open Letter to President Geingob and German ambassador Beck regarding “Editor’s guest” in The Namibian, 16 June 2023On 16 June 2023, an article was published in “The Namibian” newspaper under the heading ‘Germany and Namibia: Mockery of Reconciliation and Justice’ by authors Sima Luipert, Henning Melber and Jephta Nguherimo. As Forum of German-speaking Namibians, we are deeply concerned about the authors’ disrespectful attitude.