Date: 28 July 2022, 18h00 (CAF)
Museum Hall, Swakopmund
Prof. Dr. Gerhard Tötemeyer
The topic will be subdivided into five themes:
1. History of regions in Namibia within the context of a unitary state.
2. Task performance of subnational entities with particular reference to regional governance and administration.
3. Decentralization vs deconcentration: clash of interests with the governor as an example.
4. Is centralised democracy a handicap to decentralised governance?
5. What improvements could be considered at national and subnational level to have effective and representative governance at both levels?